Save Your Hotmail from Being Hacked.

image It becomes horrible when you are being informed that you are not able to login into your own email id and password you are giving is wrong.
It is more frustrating to know that all your emails and important information's have been hacked by an unknown person…
Same incident took place in my office one day. We were using hotmail from last 7-8 years…..and have never faced a problem like this….we have also heard about the hacks…and all this but have never taken it as a important security issue…
then suddenly one day I have been informed by one of our colleagues that we are not able to login…to our Hotmail…I thought may be he is putting wrong password…or something like that…I have told him to check the password again..

He was quite sure about the correctness of Password…..means we were hacked by someone..
Now all our important communication were in hand of any other person…..
Now I can do one one thing recovering my password and changing it so that I can get control in my hands…
But I was surprised again….the second email id we have given was not existing…. since earlier we have not taken care of this any hardware person…put such unwanted Id while doing any settings work…
Now I don't had any option…to recover the password…than…

Hotmail…helps great…I have click the button of forgot my second email id…and he has given me a question form…………..in which I have to fill some details …..like secret question…..last email i have sent, the subject line…etc…i have filled it upto 60-70% with exact details of last received email and last sent email with subject lines…since we have configured it through outlook, hence i was able to check the emails offline also…
After completion I have been informed that it will take 24 hours to review form and if found OK they will reset my password and send it to another ID which I have given to them…
Surprisingly within 2 mints the password link was in my another ID………..Yippy………..again I got my control back…
Incident can cause me big loss…but technology again saved me..
So have a correct second email id..
Change your password frequently
Configure your hotmail through outlook so that you can access your emails offline and backup them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Images used are the Property of Microsoft and used only for reference…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Valuable to us.. It will take a while to get your comments approved and once done you can see them here........!!!